Solar Projects Egypt 2016 will bring together Egypt’s relevant government representatives with key players from across the private sector value chain to discuss the requirements and strategies for successfully financing, designing and constructing solar plants in the country under its pioneering Solar FIT program. As Egypt embarks upon the next phase of its solar program, it will be critical to understand both the challenges and opportunities surrounding the regulatory framework, FDI policy, financing, procurement, construction, the latest technologies (PV & CSP) and local manufacturing strategies to ensure on-time delivery of new solar projects.
Solar Projects Egypt 2016 provides a vital and timely platform for government representatives, investors, developers, consultants, EPC contractors, financiers, legal firms and solar technology providers to discuss the next phase of Egypt's solar program delivery. Topics to be discussed include; regulatory updates from the announcements in September, financing, procurement models, construction strategies and technology advancements to deliver solar projects within Egypt's ambitious time frame.
Ⅱ. Conference Topics:
● Progress update on Egypt’s round one and solar FIT scheme post-October 2016
● Outlining the solar FIT program and the regulatory requirements
● Developer’s perspective on the successful implementation at BenBan
● Outlining PPP opportunities and other project financing models for Egypt’s solar projects
● Lessons learned from the first round of tenders and preparing for construction and reviewing technical requirements for the construction of solar plants across Egypt
● PV technology advantages
● Mechanisms, challenges and opportunities for solar projects to secure PPA success
● Case study on the successful development and delivery of international solar projects
● Tariffs and affordability in Egyptian markets
● Partnership and JVs: lessons learnt
● On-grid solar market opportunities and drivers