The First and Second Annual Solar Projects Egypt run successfully under the patronage of the New & Renewable Energy Authority (NREA) and the support of Egyptian Electricity Utility and Consumer Protection Regulatory Agency (ERA).
The Egyptian government is investing billions of dollars into new renewable energy projects to facilitate the development of wind and solar power plants across the country. Egypt has committed to increase its share of renewable in the country’s power mix to 20% by 2022 and 37% by 2035.
The 3rd Annual Solar Projects Egypt conference will bring the value chain to discuss updates in the Egyptian energy sector and of course the new PPAs that are up for tender. Egypt's massive population creates an enormous energy demand, which may strain the government's budget but also opens opportunities to invest in technologies to meet its growing need. The Annual Solar projects Egypt conference 2017 is the place to discuss these issues.
Ⅱ. Conference Topics:
● Update on the format of the PPAs and project plans for round 2
● Insight into the future of Egypt’s solar project investment – beyond round 2 of the FIT programme
● Discussion of energy tariffs and supply to the main energy grid
● Project delivery best practice and management of utility scale solar facilities
● Strategies to overcome practical challenges prior to the financial close including logistics, water requirements, security issues)
● Successful case studies by developers
● Insurance policy considerations including currency fluctuation clauses and arbitration
● Grid capacity and expansion initiatives
● Financing and funding initiatives to encourage solar energy usage
● Energy storage opportunities as Egypt upgrades its energy market
● Supply of utilities such as water to the project site to enable on time delivery and construction of solar developments
● Logistics considerations for project build including transportation of equipment, permits, raw material supply and worker housing
● Capacity building and local talent
Ⅲ. Why Attend:
◆ Network with government, international developers, consultants, financiers, EPCs, technology providers and legal firms.
◆ Discover new opportunities in Egypt’s solar energy market.
◆ Learn about the latest regulations, financing and construction strategies as well as new technologies.
◆ Gain a competitive advantage in Egypt’s solar projects market by showcasing your solution to buyers.
◆ Participate in discussions on the challenges associated in delivering Egypt’s planned solar energy projects on time.
Ⅳ. Conference Agenda:
★ 08:00 - 08:35 Registration, refreshments and networking
★ 08:35 - 08:45 Chairman’s welcome and opening remarks
★ 08:45 - 09:00 Opening ministerial keynote address: Update on Egypt’s solar energy regulatory framework
★ 09:00 - 09:20 Opening keynote address: Progress update on Egypt’s round two and solar FIT scheme post-October 2017
★ 09:20 - 09:40 Update on solar energy regulatory framework and policy
★ 09:40 - 10:00 FIT program and process from round 1 and 2
★ 10:00 - 10:30 Photostatic and solar energy in Egypt
★ 10:30 - 11:00 Morning coffee and networking
★ 11:00 - 11:45 Morning plenary panel discussion: Update on the future of solar energy in Egypt – what has been achieved?
★ 11:45 - 12:15 Project financing models for Egypt’s solar projects
★ 12:15 - 12:45 PV components and systems: integration with the electricity grid
★ 12:45 - 13:15 Mid-morning refreshment and networking
★ 13:15 - 14:00 Developer’s panel discussion: Perspectives from developers - why Egypt is an attractive market for international investors?
★ 14:00 - 14:10 Chairman’s closing
★ 14:10 - 15:10 Networking lunch and end of conference day one
★ 08:00 - 08:50 Registration, refreshments and networking
★ 08:50 - 09:00 Chairman’s welcome and opening remarks
★ 09:00 - 09:30 Solar power development in Arab region - How to invest in the Egyptian solar market successfully
★ 09:30 - 10:00 Foreign investment framework in Egypt
★ 10:00 - 10:30 Smart module technologies: Performance optimization and enhancement
★ 10:30 - 11:00 Morning coffee and networking
★ 11:00 - 11:30 Egypt case study: Using solar energy as a tool for groundwater sustainability advantages the use of solar power to pump water for reasons of cost efficiency
★ 11:30 - 12:25 Developers panel session: Lessons learned from the first round of tenders and preparing for construction and reviewing technical requirements for the construction of solar plants across Egypt
★ 12:25 - 13:00 Key procurement issues and challenges - EPCs and Developers’ Perspective
★ 13:00 - 13:30 Mid-morning refreshment and networking
★ 13:30 - 13:55 Mitigating investment risk and attracting FDI
★ 13:55 - 14:40 Project finance panel: Understanding the financing processes and mechanisms to ensure funding for solar projects
★ 14:40 - 15:00 Chairman’s closing
★ 15:00 - 16:00 Networking lunch and end of conference