Based on the advantages of low silicon consumption per unit capacity, high cutting efficiency, low auxiliary material cost and cutting thin silicon wafers, diamond wire sawing(DWS) mono-Si wafer has basically replaced the traditional slurry sawing technology, greatly enhancing the cost competitiveness of mono-Si wafer, and mono-Si solar cell market share rose to more than 25% in 2016. In such a case, multi-Si wafer industry is also making effort to promote upgrading from slurry sawing process to DWS.
DWS multi-Si wafer is mainly faced with problems of broken lines and texturing difficulty. Diamond wire preparation and application optimization can effectively reduce the risk of broken lines caused by ingot crystal hard spot. Texturing additive technology, black silicon technology or pretreatment technology can optimize the light trapping effect, effectively solve high reflectivity and texturing difficulty of DWS multi wafers.
DWS multi-Si wafer texturing additive technology does not change the original equipment, increase the special additives, reduce the reflectivity to close to the conventional level. Black silicon technology can optimize light trapping effect to improve multi-Si solar cells efficiency. Black silicon technologies include dry method and wet method, both have their advantages. The two methods have been achieved mass production, and can further upgrade optimization.
The popularity of DWS multi-Si wafer and black silicon will once again widen the cost gap of multi-Si and mono-Si wafer, and the combination of black silicon with PERC, SE, MWT can further improve the efficiency and enhance the competitiveness of multi-Si solar cells. It is expected that PV market’s continuous requirements for cost reduction and efficiency improvement of cells and modules will bring good market opportunities for DWS and black silicon technology.
2nd Diamond Wire Sawing and Black Silicon Technology Forum 2017 will be held on 18 September in Wuxi, Jiangsu, China. The upcoming conference will discuss PV industry outlook & DWS & black silicon technology market prospects; DWS efficiency improvement and process optimization; DWS multi-Si wafer challenges and solutions; dry method and wet method black silicon process optimization; black silicon cell mass production experience and technology upgrades; combined applications of black silicon cell and other efficiency improvement technologies, etc.
● PV industry outlook & DWS & black silicon technology market prospects
● DWS multi-Si wafer challenges and solutions
● DWS equipment technology and production efficiency improvement
● Plating and resin diamond wires’ cost control and thinning process
● DWS coolants and silicon powder recycling technology
● Feasibility and application cases of slurry sawing equipment upgrading to DWS
● DWS multi wafer texturing technology comparison——additives, black silicon and pretreatment
● Black silicon solar cells CTM loss solutions——encapsulating technology and module material optimization
● Dry black silicon process equipment optimization and capacity improvement
● Wet black silicon mass production experience and environmental protection solutions
● Wet black silicon technology upgrade——enhance solution life, broaden process window and simplify process equipment
● Black silicon technology cost reduction and efficiency improvement trends
● Black silicon cell and module power generation performance and practical application
● Black silicon solar cell paste and metallization solutions
● Combined applications of black silicon cell and other efficiency improvement technologies——PERC, SE and MWT