PV module new technologies R&D and application can effectively enhance the power generation efficiency and reliability, and reduce the levelized cost of electricity (LCOE). Double glass, overlapped-cell & halfcut-cell modules are the most representative new technologies.In order to achieve the ultimate goal of grid parity, PV industry requires modules to continuously improve performance and reduce costs, drive the mature application of new technology modules.
Double glass module replaces the PV backsheet with glass, which has higher reliability, weatherability, abrasion resistance, insulation and fire rating, lower attenuation, and higher lifecycle generating capacity. In addition, double glass modules also have more advantages in the bifacial power generation, agricultural PV and 1500V system applications compared with traditional modules. With the solutions of double glass module’s weight, wind load resistance, yield and light leakage, the application of China’s double glass modules has more than 2GW in 2016.
Overlapped-cell module places the solar cells in a serial-parallel structure, with little or no need for welding belt. More than 13% solar cells can be placed in the same module area. So overlapped-cell module has advantages of high output power, low internal loss and low reverse current hot spot effect. The key of overlapped-cell module technology is the reliability of cell connections. China's PV industry is actively promoting the technology R&D and mass production of overlapped-cell modules. Seraphim launched “Eclipse” series modules in Mar. 2016. DZS Solar announced the construction of 5GW overlapped-cell modules in Feb. 2017.
Halfcut-cell module connect the halfcut-cells in series, reducing the cell current mismatch loss and the module internal current loss, so that output power of halfcut-cell module is higher about 10W than the same type full-cell module, and the hot spot temperature is lower about 25℃ than the same type full-cell module. CECEP, GCL, REC Solar, Hareon Solar, HT-SAAE, etc. have begun mass production of high power half-cell modules.
Double Glass, Overlapped-cell & Halfcut-cell Modules Forum 2017 will be held on 25 July in Wuxi, Jiangs, China. The upcoming conference will discuss global and China’s PV market outlook and module technology trends, technical advantages and investment returns of double glass, overlapped-cell & halfcut-cell modules, double glass modules manufacturing process optimization and encapsulation materials selection, overlapped-cell module encapsulation technology and industrial production prospect, yield control of halfcut-cell modules mass production.
● Global and China’s PV market outlook and module technology trends
● Technical advantages and investment returns of double glass, overlapped-cell & halfcut-cell modules
● Double glass bifacial modules and tracking bracket combination applications
● Double glass modules manufacturing process optimization and encapsulation materials selection
● Solutions for double glass module wind load resistance, yield and light leakage
● Ultra-light and ultra-thin double glass module technology and manufacturing process
● Competitive advantages and development prospects of overlapped-cell modules
● Reliability analysis of cell connections in overlapped-cell module
● Overlapped-cell module encapsulation technology and industrial production
● High efficiency non-destructive laser scribing technology of halfcut-cell
● Combination advantages of halfcut -cell and mono-PERC cell module
● Yield control of mass production halfcut-cell modules