• Versions available: 15 or 30 amp; 12 / 24 or 48 volt; negative or positive ground
• Estimated 15 year life
• PWM series battery charging (not shunt)
• 3-position battery select: gel, sealed or flooded
• Very accurate control and measurement
• Jumper to eliminate telecom noise
• Parallel for up to 300 amps
• Temperature compensation
• Tropicalization: conformal coating, stainless steel fasteners & anodized aluminum heat sink
• No switching or measurement in the grounded leg
• 100% solid state
• Very low voltage drops
• Current compensated low voltage disconnect (LVD)
• LED’s indicate battery status and faults
• Capable of 25% overloads
• Remote battery voltage sense terminals
• Short-circuit — solar and load
• Overload — solar and load
• Reverse polarity
• Reverse current at night
• High voltage disconnect
• High temperature disconnect
• Lightning and transient surge protection
• Loads protected from voltage spikes
• Automatic recovery with all protections
Optimized Battery Charging
The ProStar has four stages of charging to provide increased battery capacity and life.
Morningstar Corporation is a world-leading supplier of solar charge controllers & inverters, with over 2.5 million units installed in over 112 countries. Morningstar’s products have been recognized in international solar markets as the most advanced and highest quality products available.
Many of our customers tell us that Morningstar is their best supplier. For over 21 years, Morningstar has been a consistent and dependable partner: same ownership, same management and same strategy. We are 100% focused on our core competence: solar power electronics.
Most importantly, Morningstar is an employee-owned company. Our people are passionate and dedicated to the long-term success of photovoltaics and our earth’s sustainability. They are here to serve our customers for the long-term.