With its Low Pressure Diffusion System c.DIFF LP, centrotherm ushers in a new era of diffusion technology. The latest development provides excellent results in homogeneity at emitter resistivities of 150 Ω/square. Thanks to its high throughput and low media consumption, the production system supports the requirements for high-performance solar cell processing with best cost-of-ownership.
Just as the atmospheric pressure diffusion system, the low pressure version offers a high flexibility towards varying production load and process sequence as well as continued operation in case of single tube maintenance or shut-down. c.DIFF LP is available in various configurations regarding process capability, capacity and automation level.
• POCl 3 diffusion
• BBr 3 diffusion
• Further processes upon request
• Best-in-class emitter uniformity
• Higher sheet resistivities [150 Ω/square]
• Excellent diffusion on both wafer sides [extended gettering effect of phosphorus improves material quality]
• Highest cleanness [gas phase diffusion without residues]
• System configuration adjustable to production capacity [no. of tubes, optional back-to-back loading]
• Minimized factory footprint by reducing number of tools at same capacity
• Lower media and utility consumption