Nigeria is considered one of the biggest economies in Africa with more than 182 million people, yet about 55% of the population has no access to grid-connected electricity. As the Nigerian government and the private sector are increasingly turning towards Solar PV to solve this issue, Nigeria is emerging to be one of the most attractive solar markets in the region.
Solarplaza is organizing The Solar Future Nigeria, a 2-day conference focusing on the opportunities and challenges in this exciting and evolving landscape, to be the key-platform for all stakeholders to connect. This will be Solarplaza’s 8th event in Africa. Get informed on the latest policies and regulations, market trends and project finance mechanisms, and network during exclusive workshops, roundtables and by using our networking platform.
Ⅱ. Conference Highlights:
◆ The first Solar PV conference focused solely on the Nigerian market
◆ All relevant companies, developers, financiers and investors and decision makers in one place for unparalleled networking opportunities
◆ Covering the full solar PV electrification spectrum: from utility scale to pico-solar and in between
◆ Closed-doors pre-conference workshop: delivering a successful solar PV procurement program for government, energy utilities and financial stakeholders
Ⅲ. Conference Agenda:
1. Day 1
● Session 1 - Introduction and Overview of the Market Potential of the Nigerian Solar PV Sector
● Session 2 - Regulatory Issues, Policies and Funding mechanisms for Solar PV in Nigeria
● Session 3 - Financing: Structuring Bankable Deals and Attracting Capital
2. Day 2
● Session 4 - Mitigating Financial and Operational Risks associated with Nigerian Solar PV Projects
● Session 5 - The Road Ahead: Fulfilling Nigeria’s Solar Potential